Friday, August 20, 2010

SCORE!

So a couple of weeks ago I ordered a Ben Amun by Issac Manevitz coin bracelet from ideeli (more on them in a minute) and it just arrived today.

Yesterday, I was flipping through the August InStyle Magazine and guess what I saw on page 120.  One of their "instant style" pieces features the exact bracelet I just got in the mail!  When I was looking at the mag I recognized it but didn't know if it was really the same or not but yes, it is!

Now, I would never wear it with the outfit they put together--much too conservative for me... and cargo pants, seriously, not unless I move to the Hampton's or Africa!

Here is a tiny picture of the bracelet I found on-line but the one I got is all gold coins.  Honestly, they aren't really coins (I don't think) but stamped reproductions but hey, they are still cool.  Mine are lira, francs, and a Canadian dollar.






Now about ideeli, if you've never heard of ideeli.com, beyondtherack.com, hautelook.com, guiltgroup.com, etc you are missing out.  They are all discount, on-line only, boutiques.  Again, my friend Shannon sent me an invite to ideeli and I shop there a lot.  Some of them are better than others both in price and in choice but you never know what is going to pop up.  They are member only organizations but the first level just requires you to sign up, higher levels (meaning you get to shop before everyone else) cost money.  Although I've been promoted on ideeli a couple of times (for free) because I'm such a good customer. ;-)

I know some people are leery of buying on-line but I haven't had any problems.  One time I got a dress that was too small and I returned it.  Another time I got a pair of earrings that were broken and I returned them.  There are a couple of draw-backs.  A lot of the time they are final sales, meaning if you order the wrong size too bad they won't take it back.  Also, when there are big brands (i.e. Prada, Dolce, etc) they obviously go quick and if you are the free level of member everything might be gone by the time you can log in.  Sometimes, they take forever to arrive, a couple places ship THREE WEEKS after the final sale so it could be a month before you get what your ordered. Lastly, sometimes the prices aren't that great so you have to know what you are looking at or not care if you could save $10 somewhere else.

Handbags & jewelry are the easiest to buy from these places because you don't have to worry about fit.  Shoes usually run true or they mention that they run a half size smaller or whatever.  The problem with shoes is that you don't get to try them on to see if you can REALLY stand in them much less walk in them or to see if they are painful in anyway.  I've only ordered one pair that I almost (almost!) can't wear.  They are definitely sitting down looking pretty shoes, not activity shoes!  Ironically, they were a pair of LAMB's and usually I love Gwen Stefani's shoes and they are amazingly easy to wear but not these puppies they are uber tall and uber hard to walk in.  I can't find a picture anywhere but I'll snap a photo sometime and post it up.  These are kinda similar but they look much easier to walk in!

One last word on these on-line boutiques, do NOT sign up for them without letting me know first!  I get a credit for asking you to join. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Pfft, I like cargo pants. I totally blogged about shoes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ideeli is a great site! Since I'm often too busy to go shopping with any actual purpose, online seems to be a great way to go. Plus - I don't have to wait in line, or be tempted by Godiva in the mall every time I walk in there!

    Once, I got a $500 MSRP BSBG black leather purse (my boyfriend calls it a suitcase)for $75 - the thing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, let me rephrase about cargo pants... I don't like them on ME. When you have a J-Lo booty and hips to match you don't need pockets to emphasize that! ;-)

    As far as ideeli goes, I hear ya, I just got some AWESOME Badgley Mischka shoes that were regularly $400 and I got them for $75! $75 must be a magic number.....

    ReplyDelete